Last week, I could only eat soft foods because I had a wisdom tooth surgery. And since I was really craving chocolate and we had a few ripe avocados, I tried out this chocolate mousse.
To be honest, I thought it would taste like avocado, but it might just satisfy my sweet tooth enough. But when I made it, I was really surprised to taste a super thick and creamy, dark chocolate mousse! You couldn’t even guess that it’s made from avocado. It’s so easy, quick and delicious that I’ll definitely make it again.
Ingredients (3 servings):
- 2 ripe avocados (chilled in the refrigerator 1h before using)
- 50g cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 50ml unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk
- 50ml maple syrup
- pinch of vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients either in a food processor, or with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Serve directly, or store in the fridge.