I love having smoothie bowls for breakfast! Especially when they’re made with a high speed blender, so they are actually as smooth as their name suggests. Smoothies make it easy to sneak in all important nutrients, they are creamy, versatile and delicious. This one contains more vegetables than fruits, but you can’t even taste them!
If you’re not used to eating a lot of vegetables and are used to eating very sweet, this smoothie bowl might taste different than your usual smoothies. However, you can slowly get yourself used to healthier food by increasing the ratio of vegetables vs. fruit. Just add a little bit more vegetables and a little less fruit every time, and after a while your palate will adjust.
Ingredients (1 big bowl)
- 1 banana
- 50g frozen berries
- 60g frozen cooked sweet potato
- 50g cooked broccoli or cauliflower
- 50g frozen spinach or kale
- 100ml beetroot juice
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 15g pumpkin seeds
- 1cm piece of ginger
- 1cm piece of turmeric
- optional: 0.5 tsp chlorella
- Blend everything in a high speed blender until it is really smooth. If you don’t find it sweet enough, add some more berries or other sweet fruits, like pineapple.
- Serve in a bowl, topped with whatever you like, for instance granola, hemp seeds, oats, nuts, fruit, etc.