To be honest, I don’t like the taste of parsnip. Which is exactly why I love this recipe so much: the miso sauce has such a rich and savory taste that it overpowers the taste of the parsnips. This recipe is an easy vegan recipe for starters, and a delicious way to get your veggies in.
- 3 parsnips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly smashed with the flat side of your knife (so that the cloves are still whole)
- salt & pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 0.5 cm piece of ginger
- Peel the parsnips and cut them into strips. Add them to a sealable container, together with the garlic cloves, and drizzle them with olive oil, add the salt and shake the sealed container well so that the parsnips are evenly coated with oil.
- Spread them out on a baking tray and bake on 180°C for about 30 minutes or until they are slightly browned.
- In the meantime, mix all ingredients for the sauce in a high speed blender.
- Take the parsnip fries out of the oven and serve with the dipping sauce on the side.